Saturday, February 23, 2008

My new motto!

I have a habit of trying to do for everyone. I, like most people, like when others are happy. It is very hard for me when my efforts go unappreciated. But that is something I have to deal with. So when I was at work on Thursday night I decided it was time for my weekly fortune cookie. This was my fortune.

It is impossible to please everybody.
Please yourself first.
I kid you not, that is what my fortune was. I find it quite fitting after the week I have had and I hope it helps me to remember that I can't make everyone happy. That of course won't stop me from trying but it may make the sting hurt a little less when I don't succeed. I am an overachiever and I don;t take failure well. I see it in Meghan too and I hope I can keep her from turning completely into me. Yes, my desire to help others and make them happy is a great asset, but I don't want to see her hurt too badly if she doesn't succeed.
So on to living with my new motto! Hope you all remember it as well.

No comments: