So as of next Thursday they, the NWS, is predicting that our friend the Red River will rise to 38.8 feet. After that who knows, could raise higher or crest and go down. The Sheyenne river which feeds into the Red is already shooting toward a record crest of 20-22 ft. So again we wait.
Easter is this weekend and I am so not insired. I don't feel like getting the kids dressed and take pictures, the baskets and eggs haven't been done, and I am just not in the Easter mood. I am sure all the kids will come home muddy from church and the house of course is still a disaster zone. And we have over 360 people coming to the club for Easter dinner where I will be all day long, starting at 9 AM. Oh Joy! But since we don't know what that river will do next week and whether we will be open by next weekend, to work I must go.
The parents from DI are having a meeting on Saturday to discuss our fundraising efforts. We are helping with Bingo Night next Friday at school and the PTA has said we can have the profits from that. I have written the donation letter to businesses and am getting prepared to send that out next week. We have also talked about doing a rummage sale in May and try to have everything donated. Since most people have pulled all their stuff out of the basement we are hoping for a lot of donations. The Forum is putting an article in the paper this weekend talking about the opportunity the kids have been offered and where donations can be sent. I will post that here once it is in the paper.
So a lot of things going on and I am exhausted. This trip is huge and the responsibility of planning it is wearing on me. And the disorganization of the house is driving me nuts. I just want the river to behave and go back to where it belongs and then maybe life can be a little more normal. Whatever that means I guess! LOL
It’s Christmas Program Time
4 days ago