Thursday, February 7, 2008

In 9 years...

So today I got the girls off to school and got the boys dressed and off we went to the mall to run a couple of errands. As some of you know I used to work at Gymboree and when we go to the mall we are usually going to Gymboree. It is like a second home to me and my kids and I feel comfortable with my kids in that store as I do with them at home.

As usual I grab a few candies from the gumball machines and off to Gymboree we go. Ryan knows to take them and eat them while watching the videos, Aaron gets cuddled by the employees and mom gets to shop. Well for some reason today both boys decided to be hellions and if one wasn't whining and crying the other was. Ryan laid on the floor and just bawled so many times, I swear he was broken. And when he wasn't crying he was taking clothes off the racks and putting them on my stroller. Aaron was throwing his nuk and food and I swear I could have smacked them both. It was just a disaster. So I hurried up and got my stuff and as we were leaving Michelle the GM was laughing at me as she said "I have NEVER seen any of your kids act like that."

Now as embarrasing and annoying as it was to have both boys acting out, it made me feel good that in the 9 years I have been in that store, this was the first time my kids really acted out and I was glad to shove them out the door.

And of course if I was smart I would have gone straight home but unfortunately for me I had to go to Hallmark for Valentines cards and a gift and spent the 20 minutes there finding cards with Ryan again bawling on the floor. Everyone was staring at me but hey, I just went about my business, got my stuff and got out of there. And did it end there???? Nope. Ryan cried all the way down the hall of the mall till we got to the other end. I was so tired by the time I got home. I even called Chris while walking down the hall with crying Ryan and asked him if we could switch jobs for the day. Since I am typing this you can see I didn't get taken up on that offer.

So another day of parenting woes. *Sigh*

1 comment:

Garden Girl said...

Hang in there! We all have those days. I remember when I didn't have kids and I saw temper-tantrums while out shopping, I would think - oh man, my kids will NEVER do that. Just stand your ground!