Monday, October 6, 2008

Homecoming 2008

Photobucket

This past weekend was NDSU's Homecoming. Chris and I were Gold Star Band Honored Alum this year and we got to ride in the parade instead of watching it. Our friends the Beachs took Meghan and Katie with them to watch the parade while Chris and I took the boys in the back of the pick-up. It was a gorgeous day and more than once I lamented how the game would have been 10X better if it had been played outside rather than in the FargoDome. Oh well.

NDSU is officially Division I now and almost every game is sold out. Homecoming was no exception. Chris and Chris Beach went to the game, while Jane and I took the kids home and watched the game on TV. The boys were home by half-time and that's when the team finally decided to play and beat Southern Illinois 35-27. We joked that it was because they had left the game. They liked their seats better at home, because they weren't in the nose-bleeds.

We then went to dinner up at the Legion where the Alumni Band hosted a taco feed for current and past band members. It was well attended by both sides and I was excited that I got to see my old band director Orv. He smacked me on top of the head as usual and life was good.

We have no idea how we used to make it through game days in college, because by the end of the day we were beat. Must of been all the booze we drank in college. HAHA!

It was a great day though.

GO BISON!

The kids looking at planes rather than the camera

Photobucket

The Andreachi kids and the Beach girls screwing around.

Photobucket



Photobucket

Chris and I in the parade!

Photobucket

The Andreachis

Photobucket

The Current Gold Star Band in their new uniforms!

Photobucket

Theresa Beach

Photobucket

The Gold Star Alumni Band playing outside the Dome before the game!

Photobucket

Chris and I - Honored Band Alumni

Photobucket

No comments: