Saturday, November 15, 2008

What am I going to do...?

Today I had the first meeting for the 3rd grade DI team. Five girls. Squirrely little girls. So we got down to business of picking their challenge. They had 5 to choose from. A- deals with building machines that do jobs, B- is more theatrical focusing on how animals communicate ( I thought they would go with this one), C- Is creating a music Video about a piece of literature, D- is Private DI, IMPROV!, and E- is building a structure from wood and glue and having it hold weights.

They voted using each of their top two choices. Narrowed it down to B, C and D. Voted again on those three and the winner is.....D! IMPROV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yikes! Improv, they chose IMPROV! So I told them 4 times what they were getting into and they still want to do IMPROV! They have to research 6 sleuths, 6 film genres, superstitions and they get a 2x2x2ft box of supplies which they will go to tournament with and within 30 minutes, choose randomly 1 sleuth, 3 film genres which they will incorporate into a 6 minute Improv skit. Plus they will have a surprise element which they will be given at the Presentation door and have 1 minute to decide where it will go in their 6 minute skit.

Frickin IMPROV! How the hell am I going to guide them and prepare them for that? Not that I don't have faith that they can do it, because I am pretty confident that they can, but I am nervous as all hell for them. IMPROV! UGH! :)

No comments: