Monday, November 24, 2008

PTFS and the NDSU Gold Star Marching Band

Chris and I went to the NDSU Bison game on Saturday night mostly inpart to see the NDSU Gold Star Marching Band perform with Post Tramatic Funk Syndrome. It was just like a Superbowl halftime show it was so loud. They drove PTFS out onto the center of the field on a trailer and then half the band was on the East side of the Dome and the other half on the west side of the dome. They played Respect, Vehicle and Soul train and it ROCKED the house. I was lucky enough to see some former members from the club in their seats on the 50 yard line, so they let me sit with them to watch the performance.

It was one of those performances those band members will never forget. Reminds me of a concert I did with Denis DiBlasio in college. He had come to play for our Jazz Fest and played with the NDSU Jazz Band. AMAZING!

As for the team, they lost by one point. Refs made some bad calls, but the team fell apart in the last quarter. Oh well there's next year. Chris and I have talked about getting season tickets. We shall see! We also went to the Gold Star Marching Band Gridiron Concert on Sunday and that was a treat as well. It is fun for Chris and I to hear the songs WE played when we were in the band. Oh the memories!

Congrats to both bands though! Amazing job!

Photobucket

Photobucket