Friday, November 21, 2008

Turkey day!

So I decided to work Thanksgiving again this year. It's double time, but a sucky holiday to work. Members order a full turkey which we carve for them and then serve family style at the table. They get the leftovers boxed and away they go. Good deal for them, enough to drive us all batty. Anyway... I have the bar this year and will inevitably get my ass kicked. I have a 12, 5 6-tops and a 15 all between 12 and 2. AHHHH!

Anyway we decided this year to order a turkey dinner from Hornbachers. It's pre-cooked and we just need to reheat. We get a 10-12 lb turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing and cranberries for $49.99! So that's the route we will go. Take about 2 1/2 hours to reheat and then we will cook some corn and crescent rolls and be ready to eat! I won't be home till like 4:30 so it will be nice to eat at 5:30. And Chris doesn't have to cook the big meal and wrangle all the kids that day. After dinner the kids get their new Xmas jammies and we all watch a movie together. This year we will be watching Wall-E.

I will let you know how this all pans out. I am pretty excited about it myself.

No comments: