Monday, April 21, 2008

Going Green!

We have always recycled our newspapers and have done our pop cans too, but other than that I can't say we are big energy conservationists. Well time to turn over a new leaf. I have started bringing my own cloth bags when I go grocery shopping or to the mall and I actually get upset when I forget to grab them. We unfortunately still use those plastic bags for dirty diapers so they are nice to have but I have been trying to not use them all the time.

So in our effort to "go green" and celebrate Earth Week I signed us up for a 5K walk through Aveda Salons. My hairstylist Stacy got us signed up. The walk was yesterday and we were going to do it as a family. Since Chris was sick, the girls and I went. It ended up being 3 loops of 1.3 miles each and we finished in about 40 minutes. Not bad. The girls walked laps 1 and 3 with me and played on the playground for lap 2. We then had fruit and hotdogs with the group and it was really fun. I even ran into a guy I used to work with at Pannekoeken. Now that was back in the early 90's. Funny too since we both recognized each other and it turns out Stacy has been doing both of our haircuts for years now. Small world.

Anyway here are the girls at the walk. It was really windy yesterday. Katie was able to keep pace with her fast walking mom. Meghan dragged, but she just isn't a fast walker and that's OK. It sure was fun though.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: