Friday, November 9, 2007

So much flying through my head!

So this has been a busy week for sure. All kids went to the Dr's for their flu shots. Three out of 4 got checkups and they are all doing well. Meghan is still sitting in the 10th percentile for height, but that is OK too. She is growing up though. Ryan is doing well too. The Dr feels when he is emotionally ready he will potty train, and has the capability but just has to want too. Yeah! Got him on there this morning and he went, but I am not holding my breath. He does say when he is 3 he will use the potty and that he will be a big boy. Let's hope.

Aaron is doing well too. He is the biggest of them all at this age. He is in the 50th percentile for height and 54th for weight or something like that. I worry about him cause he is my last and has so many issues. I did talk about autism with the doctor and she feels he is right on track socially. Babbling and loving to be held. I am just a worrier I guess. He did spend 15 minutes the other day watching the washer and dryer spin. Hmmm Fun! We went and had his helmet checked too and had a little adjustment done. His head seems to be doing just fine. Yeah!

3 out of 4 got haircuts this week too. Aaron had his first official and I was such a bad mom and forgot to get his hair. I remembered on the way home and luckily Stacy had a chunk saved. With 4 kids I just have a hard time keeping track of it all. Especially when we are all together. Yikes.

Conferences for the girls went well on Monday. Both are reading beyond their grade which is a relief. While Meghan is super confident about her abilities, Katie is not so much so. She is a chatter box though when not around her sister. I think Meghan just tends to dominate.

They are off from school today and I think they just get tired of playing with Ryan. He misses them so much when they are gone. I know they need alone time too, but mom needs to keep her sanity too and get something done. Just seems like I am always cleaning or something. I so just want to play with them too. Doesn't help that I am sick with something in my throat. Spares them from me yelling I suppose.

A friend of mine called this week to tell me she was pregnant. While excited for her, I understand that this was not planned and what she was feeling. I felt the same way with Aaron and was in denial for months. If I would tell someone they would be So excited and I would just cringe, because I was not. I knew when he was born I would feel differently, but at the same time I just was not happy to be pregnant. My friend is feeling the same way. This was not planned and when you are over 35 that brings new risks and worries. I told her it was OK to not be happy. She has the right to feel that way. I wish for her that others will respect that. I know I would have appreciated it. I know when she has her baby she will feel so differently. I know I never would have traded Aaron for anything. He is my baby and he gets so excited to see me when I come home. Makes me forget everything else in the world.

So this weekend brings Ryan's third birthday. Man did that time fly. He is having a Dora cake, cause he just loves Dora! She has taught him alot!

Aaron will be 9 months on Tues and his/our interview with the Forum was supposed to be Monday but has been postponed till the 26th. I am a little miffed over that but I suppose I will get over it. We want to raise awareness about the plagiocephaly. He is my 4th and I did nothing different with him than the others, yet we are dealing with the plagio. I wish I knew to be more conscious of it. Might have changed things, might not have but I think there is a need to keep parents informed. Repositioning aggressively can alleviate the need for the helmet.

So that is my ramble for the day. Now I need that nap.
Jen

No comments: