Monday, February 2, 2009

Make-up Monday!

So, I have been AWOL for the last week. Sorry about that. Crazy crazy all the time.

Mr. Collins funeral was a tough one for me. I have only ever been to three funerals and seeing him in the casket, was extremely hard. It was a beautiful service and there were lots of tears but I know he is in a better place so that is good.

I started working on my fleece tie blankets this week and got 3 done along with pillows. This is my new birthday gift idea for all the parties the kids go to. Of course it is using up all the fleece I bought on Black Friday, but at least I got it cheap.

Aaron went to kids kingdom on Weds and did really well. No clinging or anything. I am very proud of him. He goes back today for a couple of hours.

Friday though he threw up. He didn't really seem sick but then there it was. He took a big nap in the afternoon and was fine. We chalked it up to a fluke until Meghan three up around 3 yesterday and then Katie at 5. For those that know me... I don't do puking and the girls were sequestered to their rooms and are staying home today from school. However this morning I have found Chris in the basement not feeling well. UGH! So four down, two to go and I am praying I miss this whole thing. It does seem short lived so...well I don't want to think about that any more. We usually escape the stomach flu either to our luck or my extreme advoidance. I am hugely phobic when it comes to puking.

And our friend Shawn failed to make it to US Olympics trials this year in curling. They had a tough weekend. Some of you might remember Shawn and his team from Bemidji. They took the bronze medal in curling at the last Olympics. I am bummed as I was planning on being in Denver the first weekend of trials and was planning on going to see him play. Oh well, guess I have more sight seeing time on my hands now.

And yes...I am going to Denver. 18 days and counting. My original plan was to see the trials and I was waiting to make arrangements till I found out if Shawn was going to be there, but I said screw it I was going regardless. So off I fly on Feb 20th for 3 days. I am staying with a friend from college and I am pretty excited to get away from the kids and Chris for a bit. Besides it's a great way to kick off my unemployment. Cheers to me! And prayers to Chris that he will be still alive when I get home. HAHA!

But I hear kids stirring upstairs so I should go see how they feel. UGH!!!! Stay away puking bug, stay away from me!

2 comments:

Mel Fraase said...

Ick - we all got the pukey bug last week, except Max & Steve. I missed a night of work. Here's to Purell sanitizer on little keychains that I am usually SO against!!

Sabrina said...

Did you see my post on facebook? I woke at 5 am to Dominic and Alex both puking! So now we're on week 2 of this junk! I hope it ends there at your place soon!

I love making fleece tie blankets. They are a bit pricey, i don't think I'd be making them for my kid's friends though! I'm too cheap! lol