Saturday, February 14, 2009

Many, Many Pancakes!

This morning Chris and I took the kids to the Annual Pancake Karnival hosted by the Kiwanis Lub here in Fargo. It was the 51st Annual and this year was being held at the FargoDome. Last year the Kiwanis club set the world record for most pancake served in an 8 hour period and this year want to break that record. Here's the article from last year. Every year we plan to go, but Chris is usually at PRACS and the task of taking the kids myself seem too daunting, but this year Chris was home so we grabbed the $20 it would cost and off we went.

We got to the Dome and got in the first line we saw. It was moving pretty quickly so we thought we were good. Then we found out we had to get in another line to get tickets, so I went to get tickets and Chris and the kids stayed in line. I got into the very short ticket line and was there for 30 seconds when an older gentleman came up and asked how many tickets I needed. I told him 2 adults and 4 kids and he hands me three adult tickets and says, "Here I have these three. Take them." I thanked him and he quickly disappeared! Thanks to that random act of kindness it only cost us $7.50 for all of us to eat! So I found Chris right before we took the escalator down to the main floor of the dome. It took us about 45 minutes total to get our pancakes and sit down to eat. They kept flashing the number of pancakes served up on the big screen. It was really cool. We ate and then let the kids play on the Games Galore games for a while before taking Ryan to soccer. I got home with Aaron and the girls and Chris called to tell me they canceled soccer because the fire alarms were going off. So back up north I went to get them. Oh well.

I have work tonight and the kids have DI tomorrow and then we will celebrate Aaron's 2nd birthday! I will post more pictures tomorrow.
Cheers and Happy Valentine's Day and if you get the chance come up next year for the big pancake karnival!!!

Cranky boy waiting in line!

Photobucket

Look at those big griddles!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Cranky pants has sticky fingers
Photobucket

Smiley boy!
Photobucket

Waiting to get on the games!
Photobucket

Photobucket

All six of us!
Photobucket

No comments: