Friday, February 27, 2009

HMMMMM...

Well, yes I survived my trip and I really should have posted sooner, but it has been a busy week. Tuesday morning I needed to certify my unemployment status as well as bills. Then came the task of adding up everyone's cookies sales for Meghan's troop and committing those on the computer. The troop sold 1137 boxes this year which is up from the 1008 last year. Meghan - my good little cookie girl - sold a total of 575 boxes! That is more than the other 6 girls combined. We pushed hard though. Here is a list of her prizes:
* Online goal patch
* Theme patch
* Carabiner water holder
* Koozie Lunch Cooler
* Goal getter patch
* Plush stuffed pony
* Sports bottle
* Going Places hat
* Going places bracelet
* 350 Club patch and pizza party
* backpack
* Mystery trip - day trip somewhere, don't know where
* Super seller patch
* Calculator
* Travel Journal
* Duffle bag
Plus she get 15 cents per box of cookies rounded to the nearest dollar in Dakota Certificates where she can spend those at the GS shop or on events. She chooses to blow them at the GS shop because they sell Webkinz! Anyway so a total of $86! Believe me, she is thrilled!

I also had to help Ryan put together his journal for KinderKamp. On Friday when we picked him up from preschool, he came running out to tell me he got to take Ted E. Bear home. Ted E. visits all the preschool children during the year on the weekends and then they put pictures and write in the journal. He was thrilled! But we had to take me right to the airport, so when I got home I had to help get his pictures in and write in his journal. He slept with Ted E. and was glad to have him. I was glad he had him too cause he really missed me and woke up crying on Monday cause I wasn't home yet. AHHH!

Tues night I had dinner with a classmate of mine from High School. That was fun too.

Weds night I realized for the first time that hey, I didn't have to go to work. That sucked. *sigh*

Yesterday I worked on the laundry and getting our new furniture arranged. Not new, new, but new to us. We bought two tables and two chairs from the country club. Worked out nice. And cheap!

So my trip. It was great! I survived the plane rides and landed not too late in Denver. Brought the snow from Fargo with me though. Oh well. Dani and I went to dinner at a place called Mimi's and it was really great. Then back to her place, some chatting and bed.

Saturday we drove up to Estes Park, after a Starbucks stop first and walked around downtown checking out the little shops. They were really fun to go into. Then we went up to the Stanley Hotel for the Haunted tour. And we did see some ghostly activity. The Stanley was Stephen King's inspiration for the Shining! The place was way cool. After that we drove to Boulder for dinner with her husband at Pasta J's. really small place, but very good food!

Sunday we went out to Red Rocks and saw the Amphitheatre. There were some crazy people out there working out, They were apart of Red Rocks Fitness. Nuts. Then we went downtown for more shopping and sightseeing. For dinner we met my friend Jim for dinner at Rock Bottom Brewery. Jim and I went to high school together. It was a great visit.

Monday, more shopping and for the record I made it home with everything I bought minus a canvas bag that I got for $3, and sweater vest and 3 build a bear outfits for the kids. Dani is coming to visit in March and promised she would bring it for me. Considering I bought a huge sweatshirt blanket while there and got that home, I did pretty well!

I will post a link to all my pictures tonight. Too many to post here and crop. But I took a ton!

It is good to be back, but as I sit here with my new blanket around me, I am missing the 60 degree weather I experienced in Denver last weekend. HAHA!

No comments: