Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to School Today!!!!

Yeah! It was back to school for the kids today. Hurray!!!! for me! They were excited too I think. The routine for all of us is a good thing.

So I worked on laundry and making doctor's appointments and working on things for DI. DI starts in full swing this week with weekly meetings and lots of hard work. Each of the three teams needs two parent volunteers and one appraiser. The appraiser position is usually more difficult to fill since that person is committed to a day long training and then the day long tournament. Really only two full days work compared to the 3 months our kids put in. Ranting a little am I??? Anyway my friend Kathryn who used to be our DI coordinator at the school offered last year to be an appraiser for us this year. Another friend offered up another appraiser from their school that wanted to participate. So that left me with a third. I was stressing about it last night already... who would do it. I thought long and hard and went through many options and came up with one. Meghan's teacher at Centennial. He is a great guy and loves the theatre arts and I just knew he would be great at it. But I didn't want to ask. Why??? Cause he is busy with his class all week long and I don't know. Chris talked me into it and I emailed him at noon today. He just emailed back and after consulting with his lawyers, accountants and PR department he accepted my offer!!!!! YEAH~!

So with that stress gone I can focus on other things. Like learning to knit socks. LOL

No comments: