Friday, August 22, 2008

Wahoo!

I don't know why I didn't think of this on Monday when the Doctor prescribed Levaquin for me and told me I couldn't nurse on it. But today I called my friend Kathy who is a lactation consultant to see if I should be pumping and dumping while on this drug and she told me she would look into the Levaquin and call me back. Well she called me back and told me that I can be nursing on this drug as long as Aaron is healthy! Good news for him. And for me cause I was feeling really guilty that I was sick and couldn't comfort him. Apparently because the drug is so new a lot of doctors don't know all the studies on it with concerns to breast feeding. Studies show that the levels of the drug in breast milk are so low and testing was done a woman taking 800 mg a day. I am only taking 500 mg. So again, Wahoo!

No comments: