Friday, August 29, 2008

None of my friends...

wear clothes like these.
That is what Meghan told me this morning after I picked out her clothes. UMM, don't care, you can't dress like your friends.
I asked her this afternoon to show me what kinds of clothes her friends where. One was a short sweatshirt with irridescent colors on it, the other was a glittery shirt I had gotten her. What I picked out this morning was a swing tank top with another tank underneath it and capris. Apparently that's not cool. Even though the neighbor girls wear similar clothes.
Oh and she doesn't like me picking out her clothes. The compromise is that we will pick them together to ensure she matches.
My feelings were a little hurt, but the rules are simple. I buy the clothes, I decide. She buys she decides. No clothes with writing on the butt, no flashy glittery clothes. Classic styles. Traditional styles. Yes, I do throw them a bone once and a while, but that is it.

Katie on the other hand has NO problems with the clothes I pick out. She's the smart one. Stay out fo trouble.

1 comment:

Kelly Strei said...

Well I'm certainly excited to see how this plays out for you. LOL. I know, my turn will come soon enough. Stay strong friend!