Monday, August 11, 2008

Riddle me this...

Today I decided since I was still feeling awful from this summer cold I have gotten and it was going into my chest, which in my case usually results in bronchitis, I should go to the walk-in clinic. Chris came home for me, so off I went. It took over an hour for me to be seen and the nurse made some comment about me still nursing my 18 month son. "How long do you nurse?" I said, usually about 12 months. "Eighteen months is a long time" she says. Whatever! What's it to her anyway? So I am a little annoyed at this point.

The doctor comes in listens to my chest and asks if I have ever been diagnosed with asthma! WHAT! Apparently for a woman my age who has never smoked and has a history of bronchitis, I have too much wheezing in my chest. And really I shouldn't be surprised. I have been told before that I should not be getting bronchitis as much as I do and that I need to mention it to my primary physician. I never do. Shame on me. And yes, I have been exposed to second hand smoke a lot throughout my life, but I have always tried to distance myself from it. So, *sigh* Now I have an appointment with my primary on Weds to discuss asthma testing as well as allergy testing. I also have a fun little inhaler, which I am kind of nervous to use for the first time. And knowing my luck I will be using Aaron's friend the penguin nebulizer more than he. Or maybe since he also has the same cough, we will be using it together! :) What fun!

But on the bright side I am better of than the woman that came screaming into the Walk-IN clinic that her finger was off. Or the lady that walked in 10 minutes after her with said finger on a paper plate. Could always be worse. But never dull!

No comments: