Monday, August 18, 2008

So...

So I wanted to post that I was dead and to invite everyone to the funeral, but then I thought too many people might start calling. So here it is.

Yesterday I was feeling pretty good and about 8 PM I started coughing and coughing and couldn't stop. Very little sleep was had.

Today I called the Dr hoping to get some Cough medicine with codeine in it to knock me out. Well while waiting I got worse, got the chills, and coughed all day. Fever 104.4. So thankfully my friend Nikki was in town for a visit, she got stuck watching the kids while Chris took me to the Dr. I'm so sorry Nikki!

Well the verdict is after blood tests and X-rays and sat levels, I have pneumonia. Means 10 days on killer antibiotics - I can't nurse Aaron anymore. Breaks my heart. Also some drug that is to help with the coughing. No work this week, no exposure to sun, so NO MN STATE FAIR! I am so sorry ma and pa. But Katie says since grandma missed last year it is all fair "FAIR"!

SO I go in on Thurs for repeat chest X-ray and probably WBC count. We have to decide what to do about the rest of our trip since we were going to go down on Thurs, Fair on Fri, Mall on Sat, Science Museum on Sun and then come home Mon. Chris says, no we don't go, but I hate to break the kids' hearts.

So I am off to rest and to ponder and pray I can kick this. And poor little Aaron doesn't realize he is done with me. :(

Off to bed...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO sorry your sick. I followed your link from BBC (h1pp1ep1gg1e)
http://www.kellymom.com/health/meds/aap-approved-meds.html#Antibiotics

Just incase you might be able to nurse ;)

The Naughty Skirt said...

http://www.kellymom.com/health/meds/
aap-approved-meds.html#Antibiotics

ok that should be the whole link :P

Sabrina said...

Oh that stinks! I hope you are feeling better soon.