Tuesday, September 16, 2008

What was lost has now been found!

During the month of July we traveled a lot and Aaron really didn't like it, so we got in the habit of giving him our watches to play with. Well he liked them so much he started wanting them while we were at home. Which we indulged of course. Well, my watch disappeared. Now Chris had given me a watch back in like 97, to wear at work so I wouldn't scratch up my good watch. Well I LOVED this watch. I think I replaced the band like 3 times and went through numberous batteries. And then it died. It lived a good life, but no matter what I did, it wouldn't recover.

Well it took me over a year to find another watch I liked just as much. It needed a wider leather band and be something that I could wear with the watch face down - I wear it on the inside of my wrist. This is because when I am carrying trays the watch digs into my hand, so I flip the watch around. Anyway... I found a replacement. A Fossil watch. Perfect, till it disappeared in July. Dang that Aaron.

Chris went through all the trash before it went to the curb, the kids went through all the toy baskets, I went through all the furniture. NO WATCH! ARGH! So I have been suffering and refusing to get another one in hopes one day it would show up. So imagine my surprise when I went to get my knitting for Meghan's scarf to find my watch sitting on top of the bag! And next to it the tell-tale NUK! Busted Aaron! HAHA!

But I am totally thrilled to have my watch back. Yeah!

No comments: