Thursday, September 25, 2008

Finally a plant I can't kill!

I do NOT have a green thumb. I cannot grow plants for the life of me. They all die and I feel bad. When I get a plant as a present I feel stress immediately because I know I will kill it and then I will try even harder to keep it alive, which eventually leads to me killing it quicker. Kids I can grow, plants not so much.

So my friend Judee gave a "pregnant" plant in October 2006 for our house warming. She knows I can't grow plants, but assured me I couldn't kill this one. Well imagine my surprise when it grew a foot in two months. I was really excited. Maybe I couldn't kill this plant. Then around the time Aaron was born I notice a large black spot on the main stem and a month later the whole thing keeled over. *Sigh* Since I was dealing with a newborn I threw it in the sunroom to deal with later.

Two months later I looked at it and it was pretty much dead. I did notice some buds at the base of it so I gave it some water and left it alone for the summer. Winter came and I put it in the basement window and let it be. We watered it a few times and it grew a bit, not a lot, but I didn't have the heart to toss it out quite yet.

Spring came, it was growing, small but growing so back to the sunroom. When it was finally warm enough I put it out on the deck and low and behold, look what happened! There are a few smaller ones growing on the bottom so I am going to transplant those out, hopefully not killing them and give them away. Finally a plant I can't kill! Thanks Judee!


Photobucket




Photobucket

No comments: