Monday, March 24, 2008

Are you the Easter Bunny?

Yesterday was Easter and of course the kids got up in the morning and the Easter Bunny had left eggs everywhere. The kids found them all as well as their baskets and we set off to get ready for church. After church Chris says to me that he over heard Meghan telling Katie that she thinks we are the Easter bunny. Yikes!

So I go to her in her room and say "I hear you have some questions about the Easter bunny."
Meghan says "Are you the Easter bunny?"
"No. I say - technically I'm not. Chris and I both are. Why do you think that?"
"Well you told us which way to go for the eggs and you use the same baskets every year."
"Well, we use the same baskets so that the Easter bunny doesn't have to drag them everywhere he goes. They are just here for him to fill and as for the eggs, dad and I were down stairs before you and saw where they went."
"OK" she says.
"Would you be mad if I was the Easter bunny."
"Yes!"

OK so I told a little white lie, but if it keeps her innocent for another year then yes I feel justified in doing it. Kids grow up way to fast and if she is happy believing in the Easter bunny and Santa Clause then I feel fine telling her there is an Easter bunny. I realize we are getting close to the whole charade being blown, but we will prolong it as long as we can. And if she still wants a basket and Santa gifts then she will believe.

No comments: