Tuesday, January 8, 2008

RSV

Well, I took Aaron into the doctor today because he has ben having some episodes of rapid breathing and really hard coughing and he was diagnosed with RSV - Respiratory Syncytial Virus. Yeah huh?

His doctor gave him a nebulizer treatment and it brought his oxygen saturation levels up from 92% to 100% so she prescribed more treatments for him to do at home. He will have 3-4 a day for 3 days, go down to 2 a day for 3-4 days and then down to 1 a day for 3-4 days.

I feel so bad for my little boy. Chris and I went ahead and bought the $180 nebulizer because renting it was $40 a month and this way we know it is new and clean ours. Insurance won't cover it unless it is for asthma but we figure we will probably be using it again somewhere down the road. I think Aaron may have a life long issue with respiratory problems and of course I will probable try to get BCBS to pay for it. On the plus side though, it looks like a penguin!

He also got some burn cream for his raw bottom and Ryan coughed so hard last night he threw up all over the blanket he had on him. Thankfully the blanket caught it all and was easily rinsed and thrown in the wash. Yuck says I though!

So to date we have spent over $210 in co-pays and prescriptions this year already plus the $180 nebulizer. Sweet! BCBS must just love us!

No comments: