Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Flood Video #9

Blizzard today. We got about 6 inches yesterday and more today. We haven't gotten our mail since Friday. Paper is hit or miss depending on the weather and no milk delivery since Tues.

I an struggling with the fact that I might not ever go back to work. Defeatist attitude? Sure, but we were told yesterday Easter. The dike won't come down till the river hits 36 ft. Ok, but that was before they predicted the river could crest again at 37 ft to 40 ft again. So does part of the dike come down so we can work or do they leave it up for a month? The second crest could come mid April.

The kids are doing well and for the most part keep themselves pretty occupied. They play Wii in the afternoon and have been playing with their Ello set. Every room is trashed and I have no idea how I will be ready for Easter or Katie's confirmation at the end of the month. Stir crazy has a whole new meaning here.

Chris is home from work today as all non-essential businesses have been asked to close. Oh and then there's that blizzard outside. GRRRRR!

2 comments:

Mel Fraase said...

ugh - sorry about work.. I know I work to get out, although a little extra money is nice too. I've been reading along with your blog, you've been doing such a good job updating with all the newest info! Sorry I haven't commented more. Hope you survive the week!!!

Jena9286 said...

Hope you survive too Mel! Steve will be home soon I am sure!