Saturday, April 4, 2009

Go Shopping!

Mayor Dennis Walaker says GO Shopping! and rest and relax this weekend. Well damn it that sounds good. The NWS has issued a new crest level for the Red River to hit anywhere from April 15-22nd. They think the river will crest above the record set last Sat. Anywhere from 41-43 ft! Are they kidding me????? Seriously I just want to go back to work and stay back at work. But Walaker is the man and he has watched this river many,many times and he thinks it will crest much lower than that. 37-38 ft. I can do that! I have met Walaker a number of times and he is so nice. He just is such a sweet and genuine man. He says don't worry, I'm not going to worry. Dikes will remain in place and if they need to be topped to 44 ft then we top them, but he is urging all residents to take a break from the flooding and relax. Relax for the next round I suppose. haha!

Anyway, I go back to work tonight and hope we stay open for longer than a night. Chris is at PRACs this weekend and will be back tomorrow. We might actually get all of Meghan's girl scout cookies delivered this week. Don't want to foot that bill till we do get them delivered. I am leaving the house tomorrow afternoon for alone time and will probably start moving some of the stuff into the sunroom till we figure out what this river will do. Good news is as of yesterday we are now covered by flood insurance! HAHA! Wahooo!

The 3rd and 4th grade teams have decided to go to Globals in TN for DI. So now the fundraising begins. I will be working on a donation letter this weekend to go out to businesses, and Chris is working on handouts to present to the PTA on Tues in hopes that we will get some support, as well as some $$. And lucky for me the week we go falls in the middle of a pay period so my checks won't suffer. The kids are excited. We are too. So DI meetings start up again on Thurs. Yeah!!!

I took the kids to see Monsters vs Aliens yesterday at the theatre. We took advantage of the free popcorn refill and brought the extra home. Love that theatre popcorn. They were pretty good. Aaron of course was a pain for a bit but then passed out the last 15 minutes. It was good to get them out of the house. School starts Monday and I cannot wait. They can't either.

Can't believe Easter is in a week. Have no idea where the kids' Easter clothes are and have bought nothing for their baskets. I guess that is what I will do tomorrow. I am letting Meghan help me with the baskets this year as we let her in on the big secret a month ago. Huge blow to her at first, but now she is excited.

Anyway off to rangle the children!

No comments: