Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Just another day...

So this morning came early for last night was another late night at work. I wake up to Christmas music now because I just can't get in the mood this year for some reason. Might be the economy and the fact that the dining room at the club has yet to get really busy this December. This of course brings up worries of lack of $$. Can't blame me. My friend Tara and I are just DYING for a night where we get our asses kicked and have ten things to do at once when we run into the kitchen rather than just one or two. We are begging for tables. It's sad. And to top off the already dismal Christmas season, the club is going to be renovated in Feb and closing for 2.5 to 3 weeks. Not enough to get a new job, not enough to claim unemployment. Depressing...

Anyway back to this morning... I had to go to the dentist, never a top ten in my book, probably not even in the top 100. I have been known to say I would rather be in labor again then to go to the doctor. At least I get good drugs when I am in labor.

So Chris takes Aaron to Kids Kingdom, I go to the dentist and then go pick up my van from Chris at work. He had taken it in to get the AstroStart on my van fixed so that it runs 16 minutes instead of 4. What's the point of 4 minutes????? I have had the AstroStart for 2 years and every year I ask Chris to take it in and get it changed to 16 and every year the guy at the shop talks him out of it. *sigh*

But he got it taken care of and starts it for me when I am in his office. I leave 2 minutes later and the van is not running when I come down. I start it again with the AstroStart and it starts and then dies 30 seconds later. WTF! SO I start it again with the key and it dies. Try again thinking I don't know what and it starts. I call Chris and tell him this is not good!

So I go over to Target all the while thinking, the van just doesn't seem to be running right. It was kind of chuggy! Make it to Target, try the AstroStart again, same thing.
UGH!

After Target I go to pick up Ryan and try to leave the van running and take my keys out, van dies. UGH! After picking Ryan up we go to Kids Kingdom to get Aaron - he has been a very good boy, no longer clingy when we drop him off - and get ready to drive away. Van dies twice. I call Chris again panicky that something is really wrong with the van and what will we do??? Money pops into my head again. He tells me he will stop by after lunch and take a look.

So I am driving home and the van is chugging again and I am praying just to make it to my driveway. Thankfully I did. I call Chris again to let him know and start making lunch for the boys. Where is Aaron???? Upstairs in my bathroom coloring on my compact with my eyeliner and smashing the rest of my eyeshadow into the counter. Oh and flushing the toilet. UGHHHH!!!

I get the boys lunch, and Aaron start screwing around in the sink. I finally cut his lunch short and put him to bed. Chris comes home and thinks maybe one of the boys reset our trip meter - we use this to gauge our gas since our gas gauge is broken - and we are out of gas. He goes and gets gas, then takes the van to fill it and it only takes 11 gallons. Not empty as we thought. Then it dawns on him, maybe it is the fuel filter. When was the last time we changed that???? Right after the SD trip over 2 years ago. I think we are supposed to change that every year. HMMMMM! The fact that we forgot isn't surprising, it's the fact that this is the third time the van has acted like this since 2000 and changing the fuel filter is always the solution. You think it would dawn on us quicker by the third time around.

Oh and Ryan didn't have a great day either. Apparently he got kicked in the pecker (his words mind you) at school by accident or maybe not by accident. And I just went in the kitchen and found the box with the rest of the pasta I made from lunch in the sink full of water and thus ruined. Thank you Aaron! Oh and there is a hole in my sock!

Merry Christmas! :)

No comments: