Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Closing out the year of 2008

WOW! It's the 30th already and I have no idea where this year went. And there is so much yet to do. I need to ask the kids what their favorites things are, make my New Year's resolutions and figure out when I am going to get through all those pictures I've taken over the last three months. *sigh*

This past weekend we had Christmas with our families and it was a lot of fun. Weather always seems to play a factor this time of year and we were thankful everyone made it safe and sound. Saturday afternoon we had our lasagna dinner and then opened presents. Chris's parents got Chris and his brother Ben a special present for them to open together. Turns out it was their high school letterman jackets. What a stitch they both modeled them for us and Ben was able to pop his snaps open with his chest. Man did we roar laughing.

I worked that night while the rest stayed home and played with the new Wii. Seems Chris's dad beat both his sons in bowling...a rematch and bet was thrown down but never panned out.

The next day everyone prepared to leave. A few went to church and when we returned home we found out that Chris's mom had slipped on the ice in front of our house and they thought she broke her wrist. So we called Meritcare to see where to send her and off they went. My dad wants Chris to tear up the sidewalk and put heated wires in it but I'm not sure that will happen. Chris has been keeping salt on it to keep it clear, but Berna must have found the one spot he missed. Turned out she did break her wrist, and the bones overlapped when it broke but the doctors were able to set it without surgery. Thank GOD! They left yesterday.

My parents left Sunday after Chris called Kelsi and found out we were having a DI meeting at our house within 30 minutes of that call. Geez! Could we have more going on?

Yesterday I spent doing laundry, today nothing cause I have no energy. It is back to work tonight and tomorrow night then New Years Day off. Hopefully I can get teh rest of my blog ready for the new year by then.

Anyway that was our Christmas. Cheers to the New Year and what it will bring!

No comments: