Sunday, May 3, 2009

WOW!

OK! Holy crap! It has been a long time since I have updated this blog. Hope you didn't think we got sucked into the river and washed away.

The river crested about 2 1/2 weeks ago at about 34.1 ft. Lot lower than the first time around. We did find out that we get to claim all our hours of flood prep and repair on our flood insurance claim up to 150 hours. We probably put that much in... NO? We did finally get the furniture back in the basement for Katie's 1st Communion and Confirmation last weekend. What a relief!

So anyway... Katie's 1st Communion and Confirmation was beautiful and it was nice spending time with everyone. If you are looking for pictures don't hold your breath. I won't be getting to them anytime soon I am afraid.

Things are winding down???? Maybe. Dance is done, but soccer for Ryan is kicking up. Faith Formation is done, but we are still working every week on Destination Imagination. Meghan has two more meetings before we go on May 19th, and Katie has 5 more. UGGHHHH! We were going to travel on a coach bus with the Casselton teams, but they raised the price and we decided to drive ourselves. So we are taking our van and the Lewis's van, filled with props, luggage and 13 people. hahaha! Fun fricking trip! hahaha! Fundraising is going fairly well. We are gather silent auction items and rummage sale items for the May 16th Fundraiser. Donations have come in from the donation letters we sent out. We don't have a number yet of what we have brought in, but it has been rumored that we recieved two $1000 donations. The kids have worked 2 Bingo Nights at the school and are to receive the $$ for that.

Last night Chris and I went to the Billy Joel/ Elton John concert. It was amazing. I am dumbfounded how those two can just fly across those piano keys. It was an awesome concert and we had a blast. I have loved Billy Joel since I was 8 and my parents took me to see my sister's band the Flyers play at the Monti Club. The drummer Keitzel would play "It's still rock n roll to me!" everytime we would go.

The Fargo marathon is this weekend. The kids are running on Friday night for the kids race. Not sure if Chris is running the 5K, but we are going up to Tanie's house to watch the marathoners run by. Typically we would have just walked over to the neighbors house, but because of the flood and the clay dikes, the marathon had to be re-routed. Now they are running a big loop twice. Fun!

The girls and I went out and bought flip flops and shorts today for the summer and for the trip. I also let them buy their Nintendo Dsi's today too. So now they will have something do to on the 20 hr trip to Tennessee.

I can't remember if I covered everything. I am hoping to get caught up by the 4th of July. This spring has been extremely nasty to us, and the trip to Global Finals is taking up all our time. So I apoligize for not keeping this updated, but it has been INSANE. No other word for it. *sigh*

No comments: